Christopher D. Peterson
Chris Peterson graduated from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles and immediately joined Peterson Law Group. In addition to representing property and business owners in Eminent Domain cases and Inverse Condemnation cases, Mr. Peterson practices Dangerous Conditions and Government Tort liability, representing people injured on public streets and highways by “dangerous conditions.” He also assists clients with general Civil Litigation, including Business Litigation and plaintiff representation in various matters. He has helped clients achieve excellent results by settlement and through Jury Trials.
Mr. Peterson is a Los Angeles native who graduated from Loyola High School in 1999, and a former division 1 college athlete.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Scholarship quarterback
- Major: Speech Communication
University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- Master of Education
- 3 separate Inverse Condemnation lawsuits against various Government entities for damages sustained by 27 homeowners in north Los Angeles County from water, mud and debris flows., (Current Case)
- Lawsuit against an electric supply company on behalf of over 50 homeowners in south Los Angeles County for damages sustained by stray electric voltage and currents., (Current Case)
- Representing the owner of a producing almond farm in Central California against the High Speed Rail Authority., (Current Case)
- Recently completed a Jury Trial on behalf of an El Pollo Loco franchise against Caltrans in an eminent domain case for the I-5 freeway widening, in which the jury’s real estate award came within 7% of Peterson Law Group’s valuation. The trial proceeded on all three aspects of an eminent domain case: (1) real estate; (2) non-moveable fixtures and equipment; and (3) loss of business goodwill.
- Representing the owners of a 5-acre development property in an eminent domain case against a flood control district., (Current Case)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association